LDOCE PRO – English Dictionary this is a PREMIUM version. It does not show ads and full content.
● LDOCE PRO – English Dictionary app now includes ALL of our content and full permissions for just one low price. It’s also ad-free!
Download the essential and most comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
● LDOCE PRO – English Dictionary is the leading free English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms, the app is designed and optimized for your mobile device.
– 165,000 corpus-based examples of natural English show words in context and how English is really used.
– 230,000 words, phrases, and meanings – more than any other learner's dictionary.
● More dictionary you can use:
– English Dictionary:
+ Definitions written using a vocabulary of just 80,000 words – the Longman Defining Vocabulary, ensuring all definitions are clear and easy to understand.
– Thesaurus Dictionary:
+ Frequency information on the most common words – the new Longman Communication 9000 – helps you learn them first.
+ The integrated Thesaurus with more than 18,000 synonyms, antonyms, and related words helps you improve your writing by using more precise and high level words: stop saying ‘nice’, instead, say ‘lovely, delightful, enjoyable, wonderful, brilliant’.
– Collocations Dictionary:
+ With more than 65,000 collocations: learn word combinations to use the correct words together, such as ‘take a test’ (not ‘make a test’), ‘heavy rain’ (not ‘strong rain’), and ‘highly successful’.
+ Words from the Academic Word List highlighted to help you improve your essays and presentations.
● Improve your English skill.
– Avoid making common mistakes and get extra help with grammar patterns and using the correct tenses.
Improve your pronunciation
– All headwords pronounced in both British and American English
– All example sentences pronounced in either British or American English (via external links)
● Main Features:
– Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary.
– Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
– Quiz widget – test your vocabulary skills (are you prepping for the SAT?) with our Word of the Day quizzes
– Favorite words and history – customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
– English Spelling help – not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
– Full content of the print dictionary
– PLUS additional collocations, synonyms, and word origins
– Local look-ups – take a look at the words searched by location
– Search for idioms and phrasal verbs
– Show images of the word.
– Copy / Paste words and text to clipboard
– Recording the voice.
● All this makes the app largest resource of English Dictionary available on any mobile platform.